For the first time in presence: interesting program - exciting speakers - live tasting of FoodNextGen products
Together with Food Startup Incubator Weihenstephan (FSIWS) at Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences (HSWT) and the Drink Innovation Campus (DICA), StartinFOOD is hosting the Food Startup Campus for the third time: on September 29, 2022.
This year, the organizers have decided to hold the conference in presence: from 09:30 until after 18:00 participants* can follow the exciting program live in Freising at the Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences, test new innovative food creations, participate in the FoodNextGen pitch as a jury and network with other foodies and food startups.
Starting your own thing in the food industry: This is often associated with special challenges. Learning from others is the best foundation for a successful start. Successful founders provide insight into what it takes - and what obstacles can get in the way. In the Startups Talks and Best Practice Panels, food startups will provide new insights.
A highlight of the event is again the FoodNextGen Pitch: Who are the Future Food Players? 8 innovative food startups (selected from almost 30 applicants) will compete for the pitch. The test listing in the Startup Lounge of REWE Süd is one of the coveted prizes.
All tickets are bookable on Eventbrite.
REGISTER NOW! GO TO THE TICKETS HERE!
The ticket price for the all-day event (including tokens for the BurgerBulli) is 49 euros (plus VAT), students pay 19 euros (including VAT).
The Program: Sustainability in difficult times
Regina Schmidt, Head of Innovation Projects at the UN World Food Programme Innovation Accelerator draws attention right at the beginning of the Food Startup Campus to one of the most pressing problems worldwide: the dangers to food supplies worldwide due to war and the climate crisis. This topic also and especially affects food startups that focus on sustainability, require expensive raw materials and whose production process is not so easy to design cost-effectively.
In the subsequent panel discussion: Sustainable Impact - How Food Startups Reduce the Ecological Footprint , founders such as Robert Schreiber (Soulbites) and Robin Drummond (Happy Ocean Foods) show how economics and sustainability can be successfully implemented.
In the Startup Talk "Scale" reports Eileen Pesarini from Lini's Bites about her journey "From hobby baker to entrepreneur".
In this year's Tandem Talk with Selda Morina(REWE South) tells Sabrina Justushow she made a new start with You Candy Be and REWE: "Go back to start - ways to make a new start".
Strengthening at the BurgerBully, then networking with "Table Captains".
Networking will not be neglected at the Food Startup Campus this year either: After the lunch break - during which conference participants can fortify themselves with a snack from the "BurgerBully", a Freising original - there will be the opportunity to ask specific questions to the experts during "Networking with Table Captains" in several rooms:
- Selda Morina(REWE Süd) provides insights into the requirements of LEH
- Nikola Nikolic (City Savings Bank Munich) knows what food startups should look for in financing
- Jerome Hamacher (DICA) explains how collaboration between startups and established players in the food and beverage industry can accelerate innovation
- Prof. Thomas Lötzbeyer(FSIWS) gives an overview of the support opportunities for food startups and people interested in starting a business at the Food Startup Incubator Weihenstephan.
- Christine Purnell(StartinFOOD) gives as an experienced start-up consultant Food-Gründer:innen tips especially for marketing and crowdfunding.
Review: How are the FoodNextGens doing in 2021?
Ahead of this year's FoodNextGen pitch, FoodNextGens 2021 have their say: how have they fared over the past 12 months, what went well and what didn't go so well.
FoodNextGen 2022: These are the finalists
Finally, the highlight of the Food Startup Campus is the FoodNextGen pitch with live tasting of 8 selected startups. These are the FoodNextGen finalists 2022:
- Best Foodies: Organic vegetable cubes as a crunchy snack experience
- The Fredel: high quality frozen pesto and herb sauces in a new form
- Naturally Naughty: Food with Benefits - food grade aphrodisiac ginger sprays.
- Cravy Foods: enjoyable vegetable convenience products - vegetable red wine sauce.
- WineLovelicious: red wine balsamic onions
- Neggst: vegan egg alternatives based on sweet potato, field beans and rapeseed oil.
- Power sip: Smoothies without jet lag
- Karanga: The first peanut sauce from the squeeze bottle for everything sweet and savory
This year, every ticket is a "Tasty Ticket"
The great advantage of the face-to-face event is that each participant gets to test the innovative treats of the 8 FoodNextGens. They present and taste their products in the exhibition area of the Food Startup Campus.
The number of participants is limited this year. So it is all the more important to secure a ticket in time!
FoodNextGens can win attractive cash and non-cash prizes
The participants will decide on the audience prize of 500 euros, which will be funded by the entrance fees.
In addition, a jury of experts awards other attractive prizes, such as
- a LEH coaching including test listing at REWE Süd,
- an exhibition stand at FOOD & LIFE,
- a market launch campaign including market research and target group analysis of UTRY.ME ,
- a financing check from Stadtsparkasse München as well as
- a brand positioning consulting package from SevenVentures and the creative agency Seven.One Ad.Factory.
"NSG2": The AOK Food Startup Award
This year, AOK Bayern is again offering three cash prizes (500, 300, 200 euros) as part of the FoodNextGen competition: the "AOK Food Startup Award". The "Gesundheitskasse" is a cooperation partner of the Food Startup Incubator Weihenstephan. Who gets the cash prizes depends on which food startups best fulfill the criteria of sustainability, social commitment, health and taste ("NSG2").
Further prominent partners support the Food Startup Campus 2022
In addition to the organizers FSIWS, DICA and StartinFOOD, the Food Startup Campus 2022 is also supported by REWE Süd, the International University of Applied Sciences IU , Stadtsparkasse München, AOK Bayern and the food startup association Crowdfoods.